Grey fleet management
Our comprehensive Grey Fleet Management checking service tells you the accurate status of all your vehicles being used for company business, where an employee claims an allowance and / or mileage.
The legal issue for companies is that if an employee travelling on company business is involved in an incident and the police discover that the vehicle is not road taxed, MOT’d or insured with business use cover, the liability lies with the company. This can be very serious in worst case scenarios, such as an injury or fatality.
How we can help with checking and rechecking
- We use a system that lets us validate all vehicle information with the DVLA and VOSA, so we can check it’s complete and accurate.
- The initial set up is easy. All qualifying drivers complete a one-page form about three vehicle they use for claiming an allowance, including make, model and registration number. They also supply a copy of their insurance certificate.
- We then record, validate and enter all the data into the system providing an audit trail for customers.
- The driver receives an automatic email on insurance, MOT and road tax expiry dates, which includes a link to update their vehicle’s current status. We check and validate their response.
- If the driver doesn’t respond to the email, we follow up three times. If they don’t respond on the final follow up, we generate a non-compliance report and internal action can be taken as appropriate; withholding an allowance, for example.
This ongoing process gives all clients peace of mind and a visible audit trail that all vehicles used on company business are validated. It also removes the huge admin burden of chasing documentation and expiry dates faced by some clients.